A strong underground name for the past twenty years, it’s only fitting that E-40‘s eleventh studio album, The Ball Street Journal, will be released on the November 11 (which also happens to be Veterans’ Day). Despite the pop-motivated drive of the previously-featured Turf Drop, Wake It Up, and Break Ya Ankles, the Ambassador of the Bay still sees the streets as his primary demographic, and on The Recipe, 40 Water takes listeners back to his In A Major Way days. As the recently re-incarcerated Gucci Mane shows us (again) what goes on in his trap house, Chef Boy-ar-Bun B focuses on his recipe for trillness. Pour all three over Poli Paul‘s cooking-show samples; let it sizzle for about a month and a half, and voila, you have yourself a bona-fide underground hit!
Written by Burmy on 09/25/08
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)