A strong underground name for the past twenty years, it’s only fitting that E-40‘s eleventh studio album, The Ball Street Journal, will be released on the November 11 (which also happens to be Veterans’ Day). Despite the pop-motivated drive of the previously-featured Turf Drop, Wake It Up, and Break Ya Ankles, the Ambassador of the Bay still sees the streets as his primary demographic, and on The Recipe, 40 Water takes listeners back to his In A Major Way days. As the recently re-incarcerated Gucci Mane shows us (again) what goes on in his trap house, Chef Boy-ar-Bun B focuses on his recipe for trillness. Pour all three over Poli Paul‘s cooking-show samples; let it sizzle for about a month and a half, and voila, you have yourself a bona-fide underground hit!
Written by Burmy on 09/25/08
Submit your Rating
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.