A strong underground name for the past twenty years, it’s only fitting that E-40‘s eleventh studio album, The Ball Street Journal, will be released on the November 11 (which also happens to be Veterans’ Day). Despite the pop-motivated drive of the previously-featured Turf Drop, Wake It Up, and Break Ya Ankles, the Ambassador of the Bay still sees the streets as his primary demographic, and on The Recipe, 40 Water takes listeners back to his In A Major Way days. As the recently re-incarcerated Gucci Mane shows us (again) what goes on in his trap house, Chef Boy-ar-Bun B focuses on his recipe for trillness. Pour all three over Poli Paul‘s cooking-show samples; let it sizzle for about a month and a half, and voila, you have yourself a bona-fide underground hit!
Written by Burmy on 09/25/08
Submit your Rating
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.