This October, Bay Area icon E-40 will release his tenth solo album, The Ball Street Journal. While building up a rather extensive catalog over the past sixteen years, 40 has become well-known for his lyrically-delectable party jams, which cater towards his hyphy-loving West Coast fanbase. On the first official single from his forthcoming LP, however, the rapper born Earl Stevens has decided to change it up. On Wake It Up, the emcee is joined by Akon (who provides both a hook and production assistance) for a radio-request-worthy ladies jam. Unlike the previously-released Turf Drop, which only appealed to a localized Bay Area audience, Wake It Up plays to the satisfaction of hip hop listeners from coast to coast.
Written by DJ Z on 07/7/08
Submit your Rating
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.