This October, Bay Area icon E-40 will release his tenth solo album, The Ball Street Journal. While building up a rather extensive catalog over the past sixteen years, 40 has become well-known for his lyrically-delectable party jams, which cater towards his hyphy-loving West Coast fanbase. On the first official single from his forthcoming LP, however, the rapper born Earl Stevens has decided to change it up. On Wake It Up, the emcee is joined by Akon (who provides both a hook and production assistance) for a radio-request-worthy ladies jam. Unlike the previously-released Turf Drop, which only appealed to a localized Bay Area audience, Wake It Up plays to the satisfaction of hip hop listeners from coast to coast.
Written by DJ Z on 07/7/08
Submit your Rating
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)