Shortly after making his Booth debut with East Coast Devil back in April of 2010, DZK made the decision to set down the mic. Those years on hiatus seem to have done the Virginia rhymesayer good, however; today, he returns to our pages fresh, rejuvenated and filled with artistic inspiration. Sorry, did I say “artistic inspiration”? I meant “murderous rage.” New prom single Kill Everyone is a pitch-black variation on the classic “Where the hell was I?” record, with Hala-X cooking up an ominous boom-bap instrumental as the spitter recounts how he got his mojo back: after ingesting a number of psychoactive substances, he found himself in contact with a diabolical spiritual presence, who offered to become DZK’s muse in return for a “favor,” to be cashed in at an unspecified date in the future. Disturbing? A touch. However it went down, though, I have a feeling fans will be happy to have him back. The artist doesn’t currently have any projects on the docket, but the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest as he settles into his new home at War Lab Records.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
War Lab Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"East Coast Devil" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.