Shortly after making his Booth debut with East Coast Devil back in April of 2010, DZK made the decision to set down the mic. Those years on hiatus seem to have done the Virginia rhymesayer good, however; today, he returns to our pages fresh, rejuvenated and filled with artistic inspiration. Sorry, did I say “artistic inspiration”? I meant “murderous rage.” New prom single Kill Everyone is a pitch-black variation on the classic “Where the hell was I?” record, with Hala-X cooking up an ominous boom-bap instrumental as the spitter recounts how he got his mojo back: after ingesting a number of psychoactive substances, he found himself in contact with a diabolical spiritual presence, who offered to become DZK’s muse in return for a “favor,” to be cashed in at an unspecified date in the future. Disturbing? A touch. However it went down, though, I have a feeling fans will be happy to have him back. The artist doesn’t currently have any projects on the docket, but the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest as he settles into his new home at War Lab Records.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
War Lab Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"East Coast Devil" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.