First impressions, as we know, are everything – and my first impression of this Booth newcomer came in the form of an official bio which contained the line, “If Hell had a synchronized swimming squad, DZK would be the one sniffing their swimsuits after practice.” I think I speak for all of us when I say, “What?!” The artist’s personal, uh, habits aside, though, you could hardly ask for a better second impression than new mixtape leak East Coast Devil, which finds the Virginian up-and-comer showcasing his mic skills over the slow-rolling, street-certified boardwork of longtime Booth favorite XV [for Kingsmen Productions]. While DZK’s main focus here is on trashing the many (in his opinion) mediocre artists that plague today’s music game, he also finds time to address his penchant for popping pain pills (don’t you dare compare him to Eminem, though!) and threaten to toss his enemies into Lil Kim‘s man-eating vagina. Yes, really. If the lyrical aggression and perverse wit this rising star showcases here leave you intrigued, keep it locked for the latest on his The Intertainer mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 04/5/10
Submit your Rating
War Lab Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill Everyone" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.