First impressions, as we know, are everything – and my first impression of this Booth newcomer came in the form of an official bio which contained the line, “If Hell had a synchronized swimming squad, DZK would be the one sniffing their swimsuits after practice.” I think I speak for all of us when I say, “What?!” The artist’s personal, uh, habits aside, though, you could hardly ask for a better second impression than new mixtape leak East Coast Devil, which finds the Virginian up-and-comer showcasing his mic skills over the slow-rolling, street-certified boardwork of longtime Booth favorite XV [for Kingsmen Productions]. While DZK’s main focus here is on trashing the many (in his opinion) mediocre artists that plague today’s music game, he also finds time to address his penchant for popping pain pills (don’t you dare compare him to Eminem, though!) and threaten to toss his enemies into Lil Kim‘s man-eating vagina. Yes, really. If the lyrical aggression and perverse wit this rising star showcases here leave you intrigued, keep it locked for the latest on his The Intertainer mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Listen to More: DZK
Written by richard on 04/5/10
War Lab Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill Everyone" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.