First impressions, as we know, are everything – and my first impression of this Booth newcomer came in the form of an official bio which contained the line, “If Hell had a synchronized swimming squad, DZK would be the one sniffing their swimsuits after practice.” I think I speak for all of us when I say, “What?!” The artist’s personal, uh, habits aside, though, you could hardly ask for a better second impression than new mixtape leak East Coast Devil, which finds the Virginian up-and-comer showcasing his mic skills over the slow-rolling, street-certified boardwork of longtime Booth favorite XV [for Kingsmen Productions]. While DZK’s main focus here is on trashing the many (in his opinion) mediocre artists that plague today’s music game, he also finds time to address his penchant for popping pain pills (don’t you dare compare him to Eminem, though!) and threaten to toss his enemies into Lil Kim‘s man-eating vagina. Yes, really. If the lyrical aggression and perverse wit this rising star showcases here leave you intrigued, keep it locked for the latest on his The Intertainer mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 04/5/10
Submit your Rating
War Lab Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill Everyone" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.