Though familial drama has been the subject of many a film, TV series and novel, musical family acts tend to steer clear of any remotely scandalous subject matter; I mean, it’s hard to imagine the Partridge kids singing about dealing drugs and bailing each other out of jail. Cousins Garcia and Adrianne, however, have no problem with spilling the beans on their often Dysfunctional family; in fact, exploring the dark side of kin relations is pretty much their M.O. Throw It All Away, leak numero uno off the twosome’s forthcoming EP (and a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), provides a proper introduction to the Miami natives’ moody style, with ¡MAYDAY! member Plex Luthor serving up a gloomy yet driving bass-led groove as Garcia spits about the inevitable conflict that arises between home life and the street life. Topped off with Adrianne’s haunting hook vocals, this cut is likely to leave fans of innovative hip-rock blends intrigued. If that sounds like you, more freshness awaits on the duo’s Booth-sponsored The Love Boat EP, scheduled to hit our mixtape page in Jan. 2011.
Written by richard on 12/20/10
Crazy Hood Productions
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.