Though familial drama has been the subject of many a film, TV series and novel, musical family acts tend to steer clear of any remotely scandalous subject matter; I mean, it’s hard to imagine the Partridge kids singing about dealing drugs and bailing each other out of jail. Cousins Garcia and Adrianne, however, have no problem with spilling the beans on their often Dysfunctional family; in fact, exploring the dark side of kin relations is pretty much their M.O. Throw It All Away, leak numero uno off the twosome’s forthcoming EP (and a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), provides a proper introduction to the Miami natives’ moody style, with ¡MAYDAY! member Plex Luthor serving up a gloomy yet driving bass-led groove as Garcia spits about the inevitable conflict that arises between home life and the street life. Topped off with Adrianne’s haunting hook vocals, this cut is likely to leave fans of innovative hip-rock blends intrigued. If that sounds like you, more freshness awaits on the duo’s Booth-sponsored The Love Boat EP, scheduled to hit our mixtape page in Jan. 2011.
Written by richard on 12/20/10
Submit your Rating
Crazy Hood Productions
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.