Though familial drama has been the subject of many a film, TV series and novel, musical family acts tend to steer clear of any remotely scandalous subject matter; I mean, it’s hard to imagine the Partridge kids singing about dealing drugs and bailing each other out of jail. Cousins Garcia and Adrianne, however, have no problem with spilling the beans on their often Dysfunctional family; in fact, exploring the dark side of kin relations is pretty much their M.O. Throw It All Away, leak numero uno off the twosome’s forthcoming EP (and a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), provides a proper introduction to the Miami natives’ moody style, with ¡MAYDAY! member Plex Luthor serving up a gloomy yet driving bass-led groove as Garcia spits about the inevitable conflict that arises between home life and the street life. Topped off with Adrianne’s haunting hook vocals, this cut is likely to leave fans of innovative hip-rock blends intrigued. If that sounds like you, more freshness awaits on the duo’s Booth-sponsored The Love Boat EP, scheduled to hit our mixtape page in Jan. 2011.
Written by richard on 12/20/10
Submit your Rating
Crazy Hood Productions
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.