Besides the unrelenting cold, my least favorite part of winter is that the sun sets at 5 PM, making it feel a lot later than a clock would suggest. Female emcee Dynasty doesn’t have to worry about the early setting sun, however, because she and her new guest feature Stay Shinin’. Despite standing side-by-side with a legend like Talib Kweli, Dynasty remains unphased. Atop the Jinx production, the New York native delivers potent line after line with a strong, confident flow and despite Kweli’s presence she really makes the track her own. If Dynasty keeps this up, it won’t be long until producers are begging to re-produce her stuff, a la Kweli’s Fly Away. Stay Shinin’ is attached to anything larger, but the future is bright for Dynasty, so keep it locked to The DJBooth for updates.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/8/13
Submit your Rating
Feel Good Ink/Recordpushers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.