At the start of their careers, most emcees dread the seemingly inevitable swarm of comparisons to a more established artist, whether those comparisons make any sense or not (thankfully the, “Like, oh my god! Asher Roth is just like Eminem!” comments are finally starting to end). For Queens native femcee Dynasty, impressively making her DJBooth debut today, though, comparisons to artists like Lauryn Hill and Rah Digga are more than welcome, and after one listen to her new mixtape cut Pushin’, you’ll see that similarities between them can’t be denied. Actually, I don’t want to get too caught up in comparisons. As Dynasty herself says on the hook, “It’s what you do that defines you,” and what she does is kill mics with her own unique style. In fact, all Dynasty had to do was ride this Celph Titled beat as effortlessly as a kid on a carousel to have us wondering how quickly she’ll claim her spot as one of hip-hop’s elite. Pushin’ has a home on Dynasty’s Dreampusher Mixtape, which is available for download now.
Written by Matty K on 06/24/10
Submit your Rating
Feel Good Ink/Recordpushers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.