Last featured in 2009, when he spit Henny & Coke for our soon-to-return exclusive freestyle series, Dynas is back to turn The DJBooth into an abbatoir with blood-spattered single Redrum. Here, the Magic City rhymesayer steps into a persona that’s equal parts intellectual gangster and stone-cold killer; when he’s not flashing his heater, he’s suavely name-dropping William Shakespeare and Frédéric Chopin. Boston-repping reader fave REKS and Booth newcomer Aarophat get in on the lyrical carnage, delivering guest verses over project beatsmith Fes Travaganza’ eerie throwback boardwork. DJ Klassik, Dynas’ collaborator throughout the project, mans the wheels of steel, and Mupalia Pictures provides some noirish official visuals to round out the package. Dynas and Klassik’s The Planet: Coffee Shop Hustling LP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival.
Written by richard on 03/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Heat ft. Bishop Brigante & Dyna" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.