Last we heard from Dyme-A-Duzin, the Warner Bros. signee was expressing his dissatisfaction with the major-label hustle on February 2013 video single Wake Up Free. A year and change later, has the Brooklyn emcee made his peace with the situation? I’m not entirely sure—but getting it in with beautiful women has certainly diminished his stress level. Though we missed steamy single Body on Me when it originally dropped back in November, we couldn’t pass up the official remix, which finds the headliner joined on the mic by one of the most promising young emcees in the West. Roc Nation‘s Casey Veggies jumps on Josh Lamont‘s organ-led instrumental to complement the headliner’s melodic verses with a blunted closing 16. As on the original, Dyme delivers a silky-smooth, sung chorus in addition to rocking the mic. This jam isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Dyme-A-Duzin’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 04/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.