A buzzmaking beatsmith and emcee hailing from the Lone Star State, Dylan Cohl makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with $hort Texas, a brand new single off his upcoming indie full-length. Despite his status as a newcomer, the unsigned artist clearly doesn’t lack for confidence. Over his own languid, synth-hazed instrumental, Cohn positions his freshman set alongside the most critically-acclaimed debut in rap history: “This is Illmatic with a Southern feel.” Whether or not you’re buying that comparison, there’s plenty to like about his bars, which find him chronicling his journey from rags to riches in a laid-back, conversational flow. Now that you know Dylan’s name, are you itching to hear more? Then keep your browsers locked for further singles leading up to the May release of studio album Most Kings.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.