A buzzmaking beatsmith and emcee hailing from the Lone Star State, Dylan Cohl makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with $hort Texas, a brand new single off his upcoming indie full-length. Despite his status as a newcomer, the unsigned artist clearly doesn’t lack for confidence. Over his own languid, synth-hazed instrumental, Cohn positions his freshman set alongside the most critically-acclaimed debut in rap history: “This is Illmatic with a Southern feel.” Whether or not you’re buying that comparison, there’s plenty to like about his bars, which find him chronicling his journey from rags to riches in a laid-back, conversational flow. Now that you know Dylan’s name, are you itching to hear more? Then keep your browsers locked for further singles leading up to the May release of studio album Most Kings.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.