Dylan Cohl‘s late-March Booth debut, $hort Texas, found the Lone Star State buzzmaker utterly focused on his hustle, and the legacy he hoped to create in the hip-hop game. Two weeks later, his concentration’s been shattered and his head is a mess, all thanks to a certain woman. On promo cut and album inclusion My Mental, the artist reveals that he’s been troubled by intrusive thoughts of an ex, even as he neglects his current woman in favor of marathon studio sessions. Despite his psychological burdens, he manages to pull double duty on the mic and behind the boards, hooking up with Los Angeles beatmaker Flying Lotus to create this joint’s shapeshifting, sampled backdrop. Most Kings, Dylan’s debut full-length, has yet to receive a drop date. As always, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.