Dylan Cohl‘s late-March Booth debut, $hort Texas, found the Lone Star State buzzmaker utterly focused on his hustle, and the legacy he hoped to create in the hip-hop game. Two weeks later, his concentration’s been shattered and his head is a mess, all thanks to a certain woman. On promo cut and album inclusion My Mental, the artist reveals that he’s been troubled by intrusive thoughts of an ex, even as he neglects his current woman in favor of marathon studio sessions. Despite his psychological burdens, he manages to pull double duty on the mic and behind the boards, hooking up with Los Angeles beatmaker Flying Lotus to create this joint’s shapeshifting, sampled backdrop. Most Kings, Dylan’s debut full-length, has yet to receive a drop date. As always, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.