Dylan Cohl‘s late-March Booth debut, $hort Texas, found the Lone Star State buzzmaker utterly focused on his hustle, and the legacy he hoped to create in the hip-hop game. Two weeks later, his concentration’s been shattered and his head is a mess, all thanks to a certain woman. On promo cut and album inclusion My Mental, the artist reveals that he’s been troubled by intrusive thoughts of an ex, even as he neglects his current woman in favor of marathon studio sessions. Despite his psychological burdens, he manages to pull double duty on the mic and behind the boards, hooking up with Los Angeles beatmaker Flying Lotus to create this joint’s shapeshifting, sampled backdrop. Most Kings, Dylan’s debut full-length, has yet to receive a drop date. As always, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.