Some absences are more noticeable than others. That being said, Dwele‘s what the R&B/soul game’s been missing lately. It’s good to see (and hear) that he’s back with a freshly released single What Profit, from his unannounced forthcoming album. Whether it’s the sultry guitar-laden melody (courtesy of producer Mike City), his simple but infectious vocal delivery or his dreamy background vocals, Dwele makes it clear that he’s trying to put you in a good place with this tune. Dwele’s going the indie route with his upcoming album, and supporting his artistic endeavors is all the more important. You can start by copping What Profit from iTunes and spreading the good news about Dwele’s return to the scene. As always, check DJBooth.net for more from the Detroit-born soul singer in the coming weeks.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 05/22/12
Submit your Rating
RT Music Group/EOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Cheatin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.