What happens when a Trinidadian emcee links up with a producer from the South Jersey/Philadelphia area and an ill, ill singer from Detroit Michigan. Well, you get the blissfully mellow, headphone-ready record that is Dwele‘s latest feature. This newly-released single (a remixed version of a cut originally featured back in May) finds the indie crooner coming together with emcee Phife Dawg and beatsmith Mike City to pose a rhetorical question paraphrased loosely—and I do mean loosely—from the oft-quoted 26th verse of the 16th Chapter of the Book of Matthew: “What Profit a man to gain all the wide world, and lose his girl?” Director Darren Brown provides an official video as laid-back, real, and psychologically nuanced as the record itself. For more, including recently-featured jam What You Gotta Do, on Greater Than One, set to drop this coming Tuesday (August 28).
Written by richard on 08/26/12
Submit your Rating
RT Music Group/EOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Cheatin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.