What happens when a Trinidadian emcee links up with a producer from the South Jersey/Philadelphia area and an ill, ill singer from Detroit Michigan. Well, you get the blissfully mellow, headphone-ready record that is Dwele‘s latest feature. This newly-released single (a remixed version of a cut originally featured back in May) finds the indie crooner coming together with emcee Phife Dawg and beatsmith Mike City to pose a rhetorical question paraphrased loosely—and I do mean loosely—from the oft-quoted 26th verse of the 16th Chapter of the Book of Matthew: “What Profit a man to gain all the wide world, and lose his girl?” Director Darren Brown provides an official video as laid-back, real, and psychologically nuanced as the record itself. For more, including recently-featured jam What You Gotta Do, on Greater Than One, set to drop this coming Tuesday (August 28).
RT Music Group/EOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Cheatin'" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.