What happens when a Trinidadian emcee links up with a producer from the South Jersey/Philadelphia area and an ill, ill singer from Detroit Michigan. Well, you get the blissfully mellow, headphone-ready record that is Dwele‘s latest feature. This newly-released single (a remixed version of a cut originally featured back in May) finds the indie crooner coming together with emcee Phife Dawg and beatsmith Mike City to pose a rhetorical question paraphrased loosely—and I do mean loosely—from the oft-quoted 26th verse of the 16th Chapter of the Book of Matthew: “What Profit a man to gain all the wide world, and lose his girl?” Director Darren Brown provides an official video as laid-back, real, and psychologically nuanced as the record itself. For more, including recently-featured jam What You Gotta Do, on Greater Than One, set to drop this coming Tuesday (August 28).
Written by richard on 08/26/12
Submit your Rating
RT Music Group/EOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Cheatin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.