What happens when a Trinidadian emcee links up with a producer from the South Jersey/Philadelphia area and an ill, ill singer from Detroit Michigan. Well, you get the blissfully mellow, headphone-ready record that is Dwele‘s latest feature. This newly-released single (a remixed version of a cut originally featured back in May) finds the indie crooner coming together with emcee Phife Dawg and beatsmith Mike City to pose a rhetorical question paraphrased loosely—and I do mean loosely—from the oft-quoted 26th verse of the 16th Chapter of the Book of Matthew: “What Profit a man to gain all the wide world, and lose his girl?” Director Darren Brown provides an official video as laid-back, real, and psychologically nuanced as the record itself. For more, including recently-featured jam What You Gotta Do, on Greater Than One, set to drop this coming Tuesday (August 28).
Written by richard on 08/26/12
Submit your Rating
RT Music Group/EOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Cheatin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.