Detroit is home to the legendary musical legacy of Motown, Stevie Wonder, Dilla and Dwele. After building up some buzz with his two-timing first single, I’m Cheatin’, the singer has returned with the second and final single off of the June-released album, Sketches of a Man. On this certified make-up track, the former Slum Village collaborator elaborates on why his lady is the truth and gives A Few Reasons. With the songwriting skills he’s been honing since he was 10 years old, Dwele shows off his classic soul on this self-produced track, with assistance from Norfolk, Virginia beatsmith Nottz. Over a symphony of organ-fueled keys and subtle drums, this love fest is filled with that vintage Detroit sound. A Few Reasons is a perfect song to play for a loved one when you’re going through relationship drama and need of a little ice to calm the heat.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/19/08
Submit your Rating
RT Music Group/EOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Cheatin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.