Detroit is home to the legendary musical legacy of Motown, Stevie Wonder, Dilla and Dwele. After building up some buzz with his two-timing first single, I’m Cheatin’, the singer has returned with the second and final single off of the June-released album, Sketches of a Man. On this certified make-up track, the former Slum Village collaborator elaborates on why his lady is the truth and gives A Few Reasons. With the songwriting skills he’s been honing since he was 10 years old, Dwele shows off his classic soul on this self-produced track, with assistance from Norfolk, Virginia beatsmith Nottz. Over a symphony of organ-fueled keys and subtle drums, this love fest is filled with that vintage Detroit sound. A Few Reasons is a perfect song to play for a loved one when you’re going through relationship drama and need of a little ice to calm the heat.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/19/08
Submit your Rating
RT Music Group/EOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Cheatin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.