Detroit is home to the legendary musical legacy of Motown, Stevie Wonder, Dilla and Dwele. After building up some buzz with his two-timing first single, I’m Cheatin’, the singer has returned with the second and final single off of the June-released album, Sketches of a Man. On this certified make-up track, the former Slum Village collaborator elaborates on why his lady is the truth and gives A Few Reasons. With the songwriting skills he’s been honing since he was 10 years old, Dwele shows off his classic soul on this self-produced track, with assistance from Norfolk, Virginia beatsmith Nottz. Over a symphony of organ-fueled keys and subtle drums, this love fest is filled with that vintage Detroit sound. A Few Reasons is a perfect song to play for a loved one when you’re going through relationship drama and need of a little ice to calm the heat.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/19/08
Submit your Rating
RT Music Group/EOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Cheatin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)