Detroit is home to the legendary musical legacy of Motown, Stevie Wonder, Dilla and Dwele. After building up some buzz with his two-timing first single, I’m Cheatin’, the singer has returned with the second and final single off of the June-released album, Sketches of a Man. On this certified make-up track, the former Slum Village collaborator elaborates on why his lady is the truth and gives A Few Reasons. With the songwriting skills he’s been honing since he was 10 years old, Dwele shows off his classic soul on this self-produced track, with assistance from Norfolk, Virginia beatsmith Nottz. Over a symphony of organ-fueled keys and subtle drums, this love fest is filled with that vintage Detroit sound. A Few Reasons is a perfect song to play for a loved one when you’re going through relationship drama and need of a little ice to calm the heat.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/19/08
Submit your Rating
RT Music Group/EOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Cheatin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.