From K. Sparks to XV to Treazon to, just recently, Young Son, underground emcees everywhere are throwing their hats into the ‘online series’ ring. Now, FrontStreet Records (the label home of StreetWear emcee Oseeola) has become the first label to jump on the bandwagon with a new, 50-week series in which they will premiere 52 new records by artists on their roster. First up is Detroit native Dux Jones (pronounced “dukes”), whose contribution sees him heading to the club in search of a woman to take home and Make A Flick with. Labelmate JAB sounds like he’s angling for a Best Supporting Actor award on his laid-back guest verse, but the big prize goes to production team The Skouts for their glossy, Neptunes-esque boardwork. Check back next week for the second installment of FrontStreet‘s 52/50 Series.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!