From K. Sparks to XV to Treazon to, just recently, Young Son, underground emcees everywhere are throwing their hats into the ‘online series’ ring. Now, FrontStreet Records (the label home of StreetWear emcee Oseeola) has become the first label to jump on the bandwagon with a new, 50-week series in which they will premiere 52 new records by artists on their roster. First up is Detroit native Dux Jones (pronounced “dukes”), whose contribution sees him heading to the club in search of a woman to take home and Make A Flick with. Labelmate JAB sounds like he’s angling for a Best Supporting Actor award on his laid-back guest verse, but the big prize goes to production team The Skouts for their glossy, Neptunes-esque boardwork. Check back next week for the second installment of FrontStreet‘s 52/50 Series.
Written by Burmy on 04/9/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.