From K. Sparks to XV to Treazon to, just recently, Young Son, underground emcees everywhere are throwing their hats into the ‘online series’ ring. Now, FrontStreet Records (the label home of StreetWear emcee Oseeola) has become the first label to jump on the bandwagon with a new, 50-week series in which they will premiere 52 new records by artists on their roster. First up is Detroit native Dux Jones (pronounced “dukes”), whose contribution sees him heading to the club in search of a woman to take home and Make A Flick with. Labelmate JAB sounds like he’s angling for a Best Supporting Actor award on his laid-back guest verse, but the big prize goes to production team The Skouts for their glossy, Neptunes-esque boardwork. Check back next week for the second installment of FrontStreet‘s 52/50 Series.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.