From K. Sparks to XV to Treazon to, just recently, Young Son, underground emcees everywhere are throwing their hats into the ‘online series’ ring. Now, FrontStreet Records (the label home of StreetWear emcee Oseeola) has become the first label to jump on the bandwagon with a new, 50-week series in which they will premiere 52 new records by artists on their roster. First up is Detroit native Dux Jones (pronounced “dukes”), whose contribution sees him heading to the club in search of a woman to take home and Make A Flick with. Labelmate JAB sounds like he’s angling for a Best Supporting Actor award on his laid-back guest verse, but the big prize goes to production team The Skouts for their glossy, Neptunes-esque boardwork. Check back next week for the second installment of FrontStreet‘s 52/50 Series.
Written by Burmy on 04/9/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.