From K. Sparks to XV to Treazon to, just recently, Young Son, underground emcees everywhere are throwing their hats into the ‘online series’ ring. Now, FrontStreet Records (the label home of StreetWear emcee Oseeola) has become the first label to jump on the bandwagon with a new, 50-week series in which they will premiere 52 new records by artists on their roster. First up is Detroit native Dux Jones (pronounced “dukes”), whose contribution sees him heading to the club in search of a woman to take home and Make A Flick with. Labelmate JAB sounds like he’s angling for a Best Supporting Actor award on his laid-back guest verse, but the big prize goes to production team The Skouts for their glossy, Neptunes-esque boardwork. Check back next week for the second installment of FrontStreet‘s 52/50 Series.
Written by Burmy on 04/9/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.