Attractive female clubgoers are a dime a dozen (or, if they’re not, you may be frequenting the wrong spots), but it’s rare that you spot a chick who lights up the room by the simple fact of her presence. On Dustin Tavella‘s first DJBooth feature, promo single Diamond Girl, we find the indie singer/songwriter scanning the dancefloor for members of the latter category. Danny Majic‘s production, an addictive blend of four-on-the-floor percussion, guitar and disco-informed strings, sets the mood as Tavella emphasizes the stringency of his romantic standards: “So many girls in here lookin’ the finest / You should know that I’m searching for the brightest.” When the chorus rolls around, guest artist Fingazz busts out the talkbox to provide some Roger Troutman-style backing vocals. Has this body-moving single piqued your interest? Then stay tuned; Tavella doesn’t currently have any larger projects in the works, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.