Attractive female clubgoers are a dime a dozen (or, if they’re not, you may be frequenting the wrong spots), but it’s rare that you spot a chick who lights up the room by the simple fact of her presence. On Dustin Tavella‘s first DJBooth feature, promo single Diamond Girl, we find the indie singer/songwriter scanning the dancefloor for members of the latter category. Danny Majic‘s production, an addictive blend of four-on-the-floor percussion, guitar and disco-informed strings, sets the mood as Tavella emphasizes the stringency of his romantic standards: “So many girls in here lookin’ the finest / You should know that I’m searching for the brightest.” When the chorus rolls around, guest artist Fingazz busts out the talkbox to provide some Roger Troutman-style backing vocals. Has this body-moving single piqued your interest? Then stay tuned; Tavella doesn’t currently have any larger projects in the works, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.