Attractive female clubgoers are a dime a dozen (or, if they’re not, you may be frequenting the wrong spots), but it’s rare that you spot a chick who lights up the room by the simple fact of her presence. On Dustin Tavella‘s first DJBooth feature, promo single Diamond Girl, we find the indie singer/songwriter scanning the dancefloor for members of the latter category. Danny Majic‘s production, an addictive blend of four-on-the-floor percussion, guitar and disco-informed strings, sets the mood as Tavella emphasizes the stringency of his romantic standards: “So many girls in here lookin’ the finest / You should know that I’m searching for the brightest.” When the chorus rolls around, guest artist Fingazz busts out the talkbox to provide some Roger Troutman-style backing vocals. Has this body-moving single piqued your interest? Then stay tuned; Tavella doesn’t currently have any larger projects in the works, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.