Given that Dustin-Prestige has been absent from our pages since bringing us LuvHertz last November, Booth readers could be forgiven for wondering if the Houstonian spitter was still among the living. Turns out, he’s been wondering the exact same thing, but for different reasons. On new mixtape single Phantoms, the emcee addresses an ex who promised she’d stay by his side “till death do us part.” Since they’ve parted, he figures, either he or the woman in question must have crossed over to the other side. Chris Rockaway establishes an appropriately eerie vibe on the production tip, backing the emcee’s verses with minor-key synth arpeggios and distorted vocal samples. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for more fresh singles leading up to the currently-unscheduled release of Dustin’s next full-length, Dharma.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.