Given that Dustin-Prestige has been absent from our pages since bringing us LuvHertz last November, Booth readers could be forgiven for wondering if the Houstonian spitter was still among the living. Turns out, he’s been wondering the exact same thing, but for different reasons. On new mixtape single Phantoms, the emcee addresses an ex who promised she’d stay by his side “till death do us part.” Since they’ve parted, he figures, either he or the woman in question must have crossed over to the other side. Chris Rockaway establishes an appropriately eerie vibe on the production tip, backing the emcee’s verses with minor-key synth arpeggios and distorted vocal samples. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for more fresh singles leading up to the currently-unscheduled release of Dustin’s next full-length, Dharma.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.