Last we heard from Dustin-Prestige, on a summer 2013 mixtape single, the disintegration of a relationship that was supposed to last until death had the emcee wondering whether he’d crossed over and become a ghost without noticing. On his latest feature, the H-Town representative steps into the shoes of a different sort of romantic bogeyman: the Ladykiller. With Chris Rockaway‘s keyboard loops and submerged soul samples as his backdrop, Prestige does his best impression of a heartless bastard, boasting of his dirty deeds and the emotional devastation he leaves in his wake. Every villain has an origin story, and this one is no exception; in his second verse, the emcee reveals that his narrator’s hostility to the female gender is rooted in a heartbreak of his own. Fans can find Ladykiller and much more on Dustin’s Dharma street album, available online as of December.
Written by richard on 04/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.