Last we heard from Dustin-Prestige, on a summer 2013 mixtape single, the disintegration of a relationship that was supposed to last until death had the emcee wondering whether he’d crossed over and become a ghost without noticing. On his latest feature, the H-Town representative steps into the shoes of a different sort of romantic bogeyman: the Ladykiller. With Chris Rockaway‘s keyboard loops and submerged soul samples as his backdrop, Prestige does his best impression of a heartless bastard, boasting of his dirty deeds and the emotional devastation he leaves in his wake. Every villain has an origin story, and this one is no exception; in his second verse, the emcee reveals that his narrator’s hostility to the female gender is rooted in a heartbreak of his own. Fans can find Ladykiller and much more on Dustin’s Dharma street album, available online as of December.
Written by richard on 04/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.