Last we heard from Dustin-Prestige, on a summer 2013 mixtape single, the disintegration of a relationship that was supposed to last until death had the emcee wondering whether he’d crossed over and become a ghost without noticing. On his latest feature, the H-Town representative steps into the shoes of a different sort of romantic bogeyman: the Ladykiller. With Chris Rockaway‘s keyboard loops and submerged soul samples as his backdrop, Prestige does his best impression of a heartless bastard, boasting of his dirty deeds and the emotional devastation he leaves in his wake. Every villain has an origin story, and this one is no exception; in his second verse, the emcee reveals that his narrator’s hostility to the female gender is rooted in a heartbreak of his own. Fans can find Ladykiller and much more on Dustin’s Dharma street album, available online as of December.
Written by richard on 04/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.