Last we heard from Dustin-Prestige, on a summer 2013 mixtape single, the disintegration of a relationship that was supposed to last until death had the emcee wondering whether he’d crossed over and become a ghost without noticing. On his latest feature, the H-Town representative steps into the shoes of a different sort of romantic bogeyman: the Ladykiller. With Chris Rockaway‘s keyboard loops and submerged soul samples as his backdrop, Prestige does his best impression of a heartless bastard, boasting of his dirty deeds and the emotional devastation he leaves in his wake. Every villain has an origin story, and this one is no exception; in his second verse, the emcee reveals that his narrator’s hostility to the female gender is rooted in a heartbreak of his own. Fans can find Ladykiller and much more on Dustin’s Dharma street album, available online as of December.
Written by richard on 04/13/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.