Finally. I’ve been waiting years for hip-hop to finally pay tribute to beloved children’s game Guess Who. Wait, what’s that? That’s not what the song is about? Ok, what about Canadian band The Guess Who? Nope. How about the Asthon Kutcher and Bernie Mac movie? No on that too, huh? So what is Dustin-Prestige’s new single about? Dope rhymes over a dope beat? Ok, I can work with that. (No more rhetorical questions, I promise.) For Guess the Mo City representative recruits producer TimNed for a banging beat that retains an overlay of soul, combining full organs with boom-bap percussion. On the mic Dustin puts his trademark “Harvard style” on full display, laying down references that range from ménages with Minaj to Kanye’s classic “No I.D., let the story begin” line off Big Brother. I don’t have to wonder whether or not this one will get your head nodding, but fans will have to keep guessing on a release date for Prestige’s upcoming Plaid LP. You can count on The DJBooth to convert those questions into answers as soon as the info becomes available.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.