Finally. I’ve been waiting years for hip-hop to finally pay tribute to beloved children’s game Guess Who. Wait, what’s that? That’s not what the song is about? Ok, what about Canadian band The Guess Who? Nope. How about the Asthon Kutcher and Bernie Mac movie? No on that too, huh? So what is Dustin-Prestige’s new single about? Dope rhymes over a dope beat? Ok, I can work with that. (No more rhetorical questions, I promise.) For Guess the Mo City representative recruits producer TimNed for a banging beat that retains an overlay of soul, combining full organs with boom-bap percussion. On the mic Dustin puts his trademark “Harvard style” on full display, laying down references that range from ménages with Minaj to Kanye’s classic “No I.D., let the story begin” line off Big Brother. I don’t have to wonder whether or not this one will get your head nodding, but fans will have to keep guessing on a release date for Prestige’s upcoming Plaid LP. You can count on The DJBooth to convert those questions into answers as soon as the info becomes available.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.