Finally. I’ve been waiting years for hip-hop to finally pay tribute to beloved children’s game Guess Who. Wait, what’s that? That’s not what the song is about? Ok, what about Canadian band The Guess Who? Nope. How about the Asthon Kutcher and Bernie Mac movie? No on that too, huh? So what is Dustin-Prestige’s new single about? Dope rhymes over a dope beat? Ok, I can work with that. (No more rhetorical questions, I promise.) For Guess the Mo City representative recruits producer TimNed for a banging beat that retains an overlay of soul, combining full organs with boom-bap percussion. On the mic Dustin puts his trademark “Harvard style” on full display, laying down references that range from ménages with Minaj to Kanye’s classic “No I.D., let the story begin” line off Big Brother. I don’t have to wonder whether or not this one will get your head nodding, but fans will have to keep guessing on a release date for Prestige’s upcoming Plaid LP. You can count on The DJBooth to convert those questions into answers as soon as the info becomes available.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.