When you’re feeling like you’re caught in a rut, sometimes the best medicine for your malaise is a change of scenery. For example, I recently uprooted myself from my longtime home in Minneapolis to relocate to Brooklyn, N.Y. That’s nothing, however, compared to what Dust has planned; on a standout cut off his new mixtape with beatsmith The Operator, the emcee’s dissatsfaction with life in his native Portland has him contemplating a 6,888-mile move to TEL AVIV, Israel. Part III of a four-song cycle, this cut finds the Pacific Northwestern buzzmaker plotting his escape over his behind-the-boards collaborator’s jazzy, understated piano loops. To hear how the full TEL AVIV saga plays out, cop Dust vs. The Operator, available now as a free download via Bandcamp.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Dust’s Drew Martin-directed TEL AVIV Part III visual.
Written by richard on 07/26/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If People Had Hinges" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.