When you’re feeling like you’re caught in a rut, sometimes the best medicine for your malaise is a change of scenery. For example, I recently uprooted myself from my longtime home in Minneapolis to relocate to Brooklyn, N.Y. That’s nothing, however, compared to what Dust has planned; on a standout cut off his new mixtape with beatsmith The Operator, the emcee’s dissatsfaction with life in his native Portland has him contemplating a 6,888-mile move to TEL AVIV, Israel. Part III of a four-song cycle, this cut finds the Pacific Northwestern buzzmaker plotting his escape over his behind-the-boards collaborator’s jazzy, understated piano loops. To hear how the full TEL AVIV saga plays out, cop Dust vs. The Operator, available now as a free download via Bandcamp.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Dust’s Drew Martin-directed TEL AVIV Part III visual.
Written by richard on 07/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If People Had Hinges" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.