When you’re feeling like you’re caught in a rut, sometimes the best medicine for your malaise is a change of scenery. For example, I recently uprooted myself from my longtime home in Minneapolis to relocate to Brooklyn, N.Y. That’s nothing, however, compared to what Dust has planned; on a standout cut off his new mixtape with beatsmith The Operator, the emcee’s dissatsfaction with life in his native Portland has him contemplating a 6,888-mile move to TEL AVIV, Israel. Part III of a four-song cycle, this cut finds the Pacific Northwestern buzzmaker plotting his escape over his behind-the-boards collaborator’s jazzy, understated piano loops. To hear how the full TEL AVIV saga plays out, cop Dust vs. The Operator, available now as a free download via Bandcamp.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Dust’s Drew Martin-directed TEL AVIV Part III visual.
Written by richard on 07/26/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If People Had Hinges" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.