If there’s one thing classic sci-fi movies have taught me, it’s that nothing good can come from humans Playing God. Dust‘s latest feature, however, has forced me to reconsider that received notion. On this upbeat, irreverent album standout, the Pacific Northwestern rapper and producer fills us in on what he’d do if he were the Man Upstairs. In addition to taking full advantage of his immortality, he promises to institute a few reforms to make the world a little bit doper for the rest of us: “No cops to crash the party tonight, and everybody here gonna get laid.” Dust and Operator join forces to create the record’s bluesy, sampled beat. Does this joint have you giving thanks to the Lord? More bangers await on the artist’s Dust Raps the Blues street album, available for free download as of October 1.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Dust’s Drew Martin-directed Playing God visual.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If People Had Hinges" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.