If there’s one thing classic sci-fi movies have taught me, it’s that nothing good can come from humans Playing God. Dust‘s latest feature, however, has forced me to reconsider that received notion. On this upbeat, irreverent album standout, the Pacific Northwestern rapper and producer fills us in on what he’d do if he were the Man Upstairs. In addition to taking full advantage of his immortality, he promises to institute a few reforms to make the world a little bit doper for the rest of us: “No cops to crash the party tonight, and everybody here gonna get laid.” Dust and Operator join forces to create the record’s bluesy, sampled beat. Does this joint have you giving thanks to the Lord? More bangers await on the artist’s Dust Raps the Blues street album, available for free download as of October 1.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Dust’s Drew Martin-directed Playing God visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If People Had Hinges" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.