If there’s one thing classic sci-fi movies have taught me, it’s that nothing good can come from humans Playing God. Dust‘s latest feature, however, has forced me to reconsider that received notion. On this upbeat, irreverent album standout, the Pacific Northwestern rapper and producer fills us in on what he’d do if he were the Man Upstairs. In addition to taking full advantage of his immortality, he promises to institute a few reforms to make the world a little bit doper for the rest of us: “No cops to crash the party tonight, and everybody here gonna get laid.” Dust and Operator join forces to create the record’s bluesy, sampled beat. Does this joint have you giving thanks to the Lord? More bangers await on the artist’s Dust Raps the Blues street album, available for free download as of October 1.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Dust’s Drew Martin-directed Playing God visual.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If People Had Hinges" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.