Sometimes, the truth is easy to handle. For example, the truth is that Maryland emcee Duran can really spit. Sometimes, however, the Truth Hurts. While some might avoid these harsh truths like the plague, the aforementioned Duran chooses to stand his ground and face them, as he does on this Booth-exclusive world premiere. Atop C.A.S.H’s production, driven by a steady, subtle piano loop, Duran drops some serious knowledge about the ills of our society, touching upon everything from institutional racism to our culture’s love affair with money and material wealth. While the content might be tough to swallow, Duran’s crisp and engaging flow will have you bobbing your head in time with his thought-provoking bars. This promo single is not attached to anything larger, but fans craving more can check out February’s DJBooth-hosted Stargazers: The Preamble LP.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I See Stars" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.