Sometimes, the truth is easy to handle. For example, the truth is that Maryland emcee Duran can really spit. Sometimes, however, the Truth Hurts. While some might avoid these harsh truths like the plague, the aforementioned Duran chooses to stand his ground and face them, as he does on this Booth-exclusive world premiere. Atop C.A.S.H’s production, driven by a steady, subtle piano loop, Duran drops some serious knowledge about the ills of our society, touching upon everything from institutional racism to our culture’s love affair with money and material wealth. While the content might be tough to swallow, Duran’s crisp and engaging flow will have you bobbing your head in time with his thought-provoking bars. This promo single is not attached to anything larger, but fans craving more can check out February’s DJBooth-hosted Stargazers: The Preamble LP.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/18/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I See Stars" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)