Sometimes, the truth is easy to handle. For example, the truth is that Maryland emcee Duran can really spit. Sometimes, however, the Truth Hurts. While some might avoid these harsh truths like the plague, the aforementioned Duran chooses to stand his ground and face them, as he does on this Booth-exclusive world premiere. Atop C.A.S.H’s production, driven by a steady, subtle piano loop, Duran drops some serious knowledge about the ills of our society, touching upon everything from institutional racism to our culture’s love affair with money and material wealth. While the content might be tough to swallow, Duran’s crisp and engaging flow will have you bobbing your head in time with his thought-provoking bars. This promo single is not attached to anything larger, but fans craving more can check out February’s DJBooth-hosted Stargazers: The Preamble LP.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/18/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I See Stars" (2012)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.