Duran may not be an astronomer; he might not even have a telescope. Nonetheless he is no stranger to stargazing. Making his Booth debut with I See Stars, the Maryland native combines a few styles and techniques over a spacey beat as he sings and spits about the perils of fame. Producer Mike Aaron’s hazy, layered beat meshes well with Duran’s multifaceted approach. He both provides an R&B rooted sound with a catchy hook and even shows he knows his way round a 16, utilizing a raspy flow delivered with an interesting pace and cadence. So, is Duran set for blast off? Find out when his forthcoming Stargazers: The Preamble project drops this January.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/16/12
Maryland rhymesayer Duran has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, the Stargazers: The Preamble. The project features 12 original jams from the up-and-coming emcee, including...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Gon Learn Tonight" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)