Last heard inside the DJBooth in September of ’07, by way of their Fabolous-assisted single, Princess, emcee Fre and producer Sid V of Duo Live have been busy. Following the release of their last album, The Color of Money, the Brooklyn natives immediately got busy making brand new music. On the symphony-esque Shootin’, a record that has been released several times with a variety of different guest artists, Fre is joined by a host of underrated Northeast emcees, including Billionz, Joell Ortiz, Red Cafe, Uncle Murda, and the M.O.P. boys. Protected by “the Red, the Black, the Green,” the record isn’t about violence, but rather the type of shooting that is done on a basketball court; look for it on the forthcoming Hard2Guard/MSG “Summerball” soundtrack.
Written by DJ Z on 10/23/08
Submit your Rating
Redemption Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Princess ft. Fabolous" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.