Maryland emcee Dunson is all too familiar with the power of a good metaphor. In fact, the artist’s latest record Weapon is precisely that, one big metaphor for his music. Using a sample from Canadian super-producer Deadmau5, both Dunson and production trio Phatboiz provide Weapon with its electro-heavy production through the use of various audio techniques. On the song, Dunson eagerly goes on to drop verses about the passion he has for his “weapon” and speaks on his willingness to succeed. Weapon transforms into a bit of an electro-dance record towards the end of the song as the beat picks up, but Dunson’s vocal fade into the background works at this juncture. Weapon is the the third single off of Dunson’s The Investment, which is out now.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/19/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.