Maryland emcee Dunson is all too familiar with the power of a good metaphor. In fact, the artist’s latest record Weapon is precisely that, one big metaphor for his music. Using a sample from Canadian super-producer Deadmau5, both Dunson and production trio Phatboiz provide Weapon with its electro-heavy production through the use of various audio techniques. On the song, Dunson eagerly goes on to drop verses about the passion he has for his “weapon” and speaks on his willingness to succeed. Weapon transforms into a bit of an electro-dance record towards the end of the song as the beat picks up, but Dunson’s vocal fade into the background works at this juncture. Weapon is the the third single off of Dunson’s The Investment, which is out now.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.