Maryland emcee Dunson is all too familiar with the power of a good metaphor. In fact, the artist’s latest record Weapon is precisely that, one big metaphor for his music. Using a sample from Canadian super-producer Deadmau5, both Dunson and production trio Phatboiz provide Weapon with its electro-heavy production through the use of various audio techniques. On the song, Dunson eagerly goes on to drop verses about the passion he has for his “weapon” and speaks on his willingness to succeed. Weapon transforms into a bit of an electro-dance record towards the end of the song as the beat picks up, but Dunson’s vocal fade into the background works at this juncture. Weapon is the the third single off of Dunson’s The Investment, which is out now.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.