Maryland emcee Dunson is all too familiar with the power of a good metaphor. In fact, the artist’s latest record Weapon is precisely that, one big metaphor for his music. Using a sample from Canadian super-producer Deadmau5, both Dunson and production trio Phatboiz provide Weapon with its electro-heavy production through the use of various audio techniques. On the song, Dunson eagerly goes on to drop verses about the passion he has for his “weapon” and speaks on his willingness to succeed. Weapon transforms into a bit of an electro-dance record towards the end of the song as the beat picks up, but Dunson’s vocal fade into the background works at this juncture. Weapon is the the third single off of Dunson’s The Investment, which is out now.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/19/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.