Maryland emcee Dunson is all too familiar with the power of a good metaphor. In fact, the artist’s latest record Weapon is precisely that, one big metaphor for his music. Using a sample from Canadian super-producer Deadmau5, both Dunson and production trio Phatboiz provide Weapon with its electro-heavy production through the use of various audio techniques. On the song, Dunson eagerly goes on to drop verses about the passion he has for his “weapon” and speaks on his willingness to succeed. Weapon transforms into a bit of an electro-dance record towards the end of the song as the beat picks up, but Dunson’s vocal fade into the background works at this juncture. Weapon is the the third single off of Dunson’s The Investment, which is out now.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.