Last we heard from Dunson, on a fall 2013 LP single, his frustrations with the industry had his mind going in Circles. Oftentimes, romance offers an escape from the complexities of professional life, but that ain’t gonna work for the Maryland emcee; as he reveals on the newly-released Cross Town Lovers (Remix), he’s involved with so many women that juggling them is starting to feel like a second job. Built around a hook from John Legend‘s vault, this joint was originally released as part of Dunson’s 2012 mixtape, The Investment, but was never promoted as a single because the artist felt it didn’t live up to its full potential. Now, with a fresh beat by Phatboiz and revised verses, it’s finally ready for primetime. While this version of the cut isn’t attached to a larger set, those left craving more can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on the DMV repper’s 2014 plans.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.