In a scene from the recent film adaptation of 21 Jump Street, Jonah Hill gets chewed out by Ice Cube for bothering Korean Jesus when he goes to a local (presumably Korean) church to pray away his anxieties. (Can you tell I haven’t actually see the movie?) Apparently, he was barking up the wrong tree. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, Dumbfoundead reveals himself as the rightful bearer of that title. In stark contrast to soul-searching lead single Growing Young, this record finds the L.A. spitter reveling in braggadocio and reckless behavior; over Duke Westlake‘s soul samples and thumping percussion, he performs a few miracles that the writers of the canonical gospels decided to leave out of their accounts. Complete with visuals by Jay Ahn and a comedic outro by David So, this sacrilegious banger can be found on the artist’s Take the Stares LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers October 16.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.