In a scene from the recent film adaptation of 21 Jump Street, Jonah Hill gets chewed out by Ice Cube for bothering Korean Jesus when he goes to a local (presumably Korean) church to pray away his anxieties. (Can you tell I haven’t actually see the movie?) Apparently, he was barking up the wrong tree. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, Dumbfoundead reveals himself as the rightful bearer of that title. In stark contrast to soul-searching lead single Growing Young, this record finds the L.A. spitter reveling in braggadocio and reckless behavior; over Duke Westlake‘s soul samples and thumping percussion, he performs a few miracles that the writers of the canonical gospels decided to leave out of their accounts. Complete with visuals by Jay Ahn and a comedic outro by David So, this sacrilegious banger can be found on the artist’s Take the Stares LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers October 16.
Written by richard on 10/3/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)