In a scene from the recent film adaptation of 21 Jump Street, Jonah Hill gets chewed out by Ice Cube for bothering Korean Jesus when he goes to a local (presumably Korean) church to pray away his anxieties. (Can you tell I haven’t actually see the movie?) Apparently, he was barking up the wrong tree. On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, Dumbfoundead reveals himself as the rightful bearer of that title. In stark contrast to soul-searching lead single Growing Young, this record finds the L.A. spitter reveling in braggadocio and reckless behavior; over Duke Westlake‘s soul samples and thumping percussion, he performs a few miracles that the writers of the canonical gospels decided to leave out of their accounts. Complete with visuals by Jay Ahn and a comedic outro by David So, this sacrilegious banger can be found on the artist’s Take the Stares LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers October 16.
Written by richard on 10/3/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.