No, album lead single Growing Young and its accompanying visuals don’t depict Dumbfoundead aging in reverse à la Benjamin Button. In fact, his situation is one that most guys between 20 and 30 (And perhaps beyond—I won’t know till I get there.) will be able to relate to: he feels like an irresponsible kid in a man’s body. With Breezy Lovejoy‘s contemplative yet upbeat, keyboard-led production as his canvas, the Los Angeles emcee charts his growth from a grade-schooler getting sent on cigarette runs by his pops to an adult who keeps making all the same mistakes his old man did. Comic artist Sang Lee brings the narrative to life with the help of video director AK+B, illustrating Dumbfoundead’s rhymes with a shapeshifting series of lively, hand-drawn portraits. Fans will be able to find this autobiographical banger and much more on the artist’s Take the Stares street album, scheduled for release October 16.
Written by richard on 09/7/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.