Hip-hop has no shortage of anthems aimed at getting the party started, or even continuing the party until six in the morning, but very rarely do we get a glimpse of the aftermath of all that Patron-infused festivity. Well, I guess we can consider Dumbfoundead’s new video single, Cellphone, rap’s new hangover anthem. Producer Vishnu and Breezy Lovejoy sets off the morning-after with an appropriately throbbing beat with the restorative powers of a Bloody Mary which the headliner immediately puts to work backing his blackouted rhymes: “Gotta make a run for that Gatorade punch / head pounding on the drum like a 808 drum.” Similarly alcohol poisoned are fellow partygoers Lovejoy, who can’t seem to follow his own advice to stick to the weed, and fellow L.A. representer Wax, who The DJBooth regulars won’t be surprised to see still living that Scrublife. Fans in need of some music throw on the next time they drink four-too-many Irish Car Bombs can find Cellphone on Dumbfoundead’s previously released DMD album, available now via iTunes. In the meantime, remember – listen responsibly.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/12/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.