Lately, it seems that talented UK producers have been beating a path to our doorstep: in recent months, we’ve brought y’all debut features from Naughty Boy (La La La) and Snakehips (On & On), to name just two. Continuing this rather dope trend is DJ/beatsmith Duke Dumont, making his grand entrance into the Booth with freshly-minted promotional single Hold On. Catford, London singer/songwriter MNEK handles vocal duties on this mournful, yet club-ready jam, crooning, “I can’t be a hero,” over the headliner’s driving house rhythm section and ghostly, overdubbed vocal harmonies. The dazzling falsetto runs he showcases on the back underscore the record’s poignant, emotionally-charged mood. Hold On isn’t part of a larger project but, if you’re feeling it, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for further fresh singles from the English EDM hitmaker and his vocally-gifted collaborator.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
Submit your Rating
Blasé Boys Club
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.