Lately, it seems that talented UK producers have been beating a path to our doorstep: in recent months, we’ve brought y’all debut features from Naughty Boy (La La La) and Snakehips (On & On), to name just two. Continuing this rather dope trend is DJ/beatsmith Duke Dumont, making his grand entrance into the Booth with freshly-minted promotional single Hold On. Catford, London singer/songwriter MNEK handles vocal duties on this mournful, yet club-ready jam, crooning, “I can’t be a hero,” over the headliner’s driving house rhythm section and ghostly, overdubbed vocal harmonies. The dazzling falsetto runs he showcases on the back underscore the record’s poignant, emotionally-charged mood. Hold On isn’t part of a larger project but, if you’re feeling it, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for further fresh singles from the English EDM hitmaker and his vocally-gifted collaborator.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
Blasé Boys Club
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.