Lately, it seems that talented UK producers have been beating a path to our doorstep: in recent months, we’ve brought y’all debut features from Naughty Boy (La La La) and Snakehips (On & On), to name just two. Continuing this rather dope trend is DJ/beatsmith Duke Dumont, making his grand entrance into the Booth with freshly-minted promotional single Hold On. Catford, London singer/songwriter MNEK handles vocal duties on this mournful, yet club-ready jam, crooning, “I can’t be a hero,” over the headliner’s driving house rhythm section and ghostly, overdubbed vocal harmonies. The dazzling falsetto runs he showcases on the back underscore the record’s poignant, emotionally-charged mood. Hold On isn’t part of a larger project but, if you’re feeling it, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for further fresh singles from the English EDM hitmaker and his vocally-gifted collaborator.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
Submit your Rating
Blasé Boys Club
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.