I don’t know about everyone else, but if ever I needed motivational music, now is the time. With the gloomy Minneapolis winter in full swing, the idea of curling up in a cave and sleeping till spring is seeming more and more attractive with every passing day. For those who can’t afford to hibernate, though, the latest single from Dujeous, the NYC hip-hop septet who brought us Booth-exclusive freestyle Shuttle Bus, should provide a much-needed energy boost. Spectacular finds emcees Mojo, Mas D, and Rheturik spitting about the ambition that keeps them grinding when the going gets toughest, flowing over their bandmates’ compulsively head-nodding, piano-led groove. Topped off with an anthemic hook by veteran soul songstress Sharon Jones, this track oozes determination – in other words, it’s perfect to enjoy with coffee on a frigid, cloudy winter morning. Day In, Day Out, Dujeous’ sophomore full-length, isn’t set to drop till March 2010, but fans should watch for this single’s somewhat less upbeat B-side, Death and Taxes, to hit our front page next week.
Written by richard on 12/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Bread ft. John Legend & Maya Azucena" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.