Every Tuesday, seven-man group Dujeous releases an uncleared, uncut joint; on January 20, every one of these releases will be packaged together to form a No Clearance: The Series compilation. On the fourth installment of the series (the second to be featured at the Booth), Mojo (aka Satchel Paige), Mas D (aka Harm n Killabrew), and Rheturik (aka Catfish Hunter) spit an ode to their home region of Uptown Manhattan, celebrating everything from its traditions and activities to the fine females who flock its streets. Assisted by a guest verse from Joe Cuba and the production of Taylormade Sounds (aka Loopinella), Uptown works perfectly as a lounge hit; to really experience its fluidity, drive through the closest “big city’ while playing it on repeat (once you pick up No Clearance: The Series on Inauguration Day, of course).
Written by Burmy on 12/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Bread ft. John Legend & Maya Azucena" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.