Every Tuesday, seven-man group Dujeous releases an uncleared, uncut joint; on January 20, every one of these releases will be packaged together to form a No Clearance: The Series compilation. On the fourth installment of the series (the second to be featured at the Booth), Mojo (aka Satchel Paige), Mas D (aka Harm n Killabrew), and Rheturik (aka Catfish Hunter) spit an ode to their home region of Uptown Manhattan, celebrating everything from its traditions and activities to the fine females who flock its streets. Assisted by a guest verse from Joe Cuba and the production of Taylormade Sounds (aka Loopinella), Uptown works perfectly as a lounge hit; to really experience its fluidity, drive through the closest “big city’ while playing it on repeat (once you pick up No Clearance: The Series on Inauguration Day, of course).
Written by Burmy on 12/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Bread ft. John Legend & Maya Azucena" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.