Every Tuesday, seven-man group Dujeous releases an uncleared, uncut joint; on January 20, every one of these releases will be packaged together to form a No Clearance: The Series compilation. On the fourth installment of the series (the second to be featured at the Booth), Mojo (aka Satchel Paige), Mas D (aka Harm n Killabrew), and Rheturik (aka Catfish Hunter) spit an ode to their home region of Uptown Manhattan, celebrating everything from its traditions and activities to the fine females who flock its streets. Assisted by a guest verse from Joe Cuba and the production of Taylormade Sounds (aka Loopinella), Uptown works perfectly as a lounge hit; to really experience its fluidity, drive through the closest “big city’ while playing it on repeat (once you pick up No Clearance: The Series on Inauguration Day, of course).
Written by Burmy on 12/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Bread ft. John Legend & Maya Azucena" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.