Remember that day in grade school, when you got to leave class for your annual Hearing Test? Yeah, that was f*king dope—and so is the first Booth feature from West Coast underground vet Dudley Perkins (No, it doesn’t consist of a series of extremely quiet tones in ascending frequencies. That would be a little too avant-garde, even for the Booth.) First to flow over Georgia Anne Muldrow‘s head-noddable boom-bap grooves, Patterson project vet Percee P spends his booming opener taunting trendy indie rappers and other lames. The headliner balances out his guest’s aggression with a quirky, metaphysically-themed closing verse. Dr. Stokely, Perkins’s first full-length in four years, is scheduled to drop November 29, via Mello Music Group. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest singles off the set.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lung Specialist" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.