Remember that day in grade school, when you got to leave class for your annual Hearing Test? Yeah, that was f*king dope—and so is the first Booth feature from West Coast underground vet Dudley Perkins (No, it doesn’t consist of a series of extremely quiet tones in ascending frequencies. That would be a little too avant-garde, even for the Booth.) First to flow over Georgia Anne Muldrow‘s head-noddable boom-bap grooves, Patterson project vet Percee P spends his booming opener taunting trendy indie rappers and other lames. The headliner balances out his guest’s aggression with a quirky, metaphysically-themed closing verse. Dr. Stokely, Perkins’s first full-length in four years, is scheduled to drop November 29, via Mello Music Group. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest singles off the set.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lung Specialist" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.