They don’t call ‘em Romance languages for nothing—no matter what you say, it just Sounds Sexy. On this new single by Dude N’ Nem, the Chi-town twosome who brought us Watch My Feet, Trygic and Upmost find themselves in a situation both confusing and arousing: an alluring chica at their local spot’s turning them on with sweet, Auto-Tuned nothings in her native tongue, but they just can’t seem to bridge the language gap. For those who didn’t take high school Spanish, a rough translation: “You know something, Daddy? Don’t talk to me, I’m with my friend. I want to drink.” (Correct me if I got anything wrong, of course) The concept makes for an unusually creative club record, and it’s also a very funny sendup of the way in which many Americans seem to hypersexualize foreignness—but that’s a discussion for another, um, sociology thesis that I’m never going to write. In any case, the twosome’s engaging rhymes, along with XCel‘s synth-handclap beat, add up to a juke-able club cut sure to get spins in the Chi and beyond. Stay tuned for further details on Dude N’ Nem’s forthcoming, yet-untitled project, set for release off Beat Bangers/The Orchard.
Written by richard on 07/2/09
Submit your Rating
Beat Bangers/The Orchard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Watch My Feet" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.