They don’t call ‘em Romance languages for nothing—no matter what you say, it just Sounds Sexy. On this new single by Dude N’ Nem, the Chi-town twosome who brought us Watch My Feet, Trygic and Upmost find themselves in a situation both confusing and arousing: an alluring chica at their local spot’s turning them on with sweet, Auto-Tuned nothings in her native tongue, but they just can’t seem to bridge the language gap. For those who didn’t take high school Spanish, a rough translation: “You know something, Daddy? Don’t talk to me, I’m with my friend. I want to drink.” (Correct me if I got anything wrong, of course) The concept makes for an unusually creative club record, and it’s also a very funny sendup of the way in which many Americans seem to hypersexualize foreignness—but that’s a discussion for another, um, sociology thesis that I’m never going to write. In any case, the twosome’s engaging rhymes, along with XCel‘s synth-handclap beat, add up to a juke-able club cut sure to get spins in the Chi and beyond. Stay tuned for further details on Dude N’ Nem’s forthcoming, yet-untitled project, set for release off Beat Bangers/The Orchard.
Written by richard on 07/2/09
Submit your Rating
Beat Bangers/The Orchard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Watch My Feet" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.