Though Duckwrth‘s last feature, March 2013’s MultiDimensional, won positive reviews on our pages, the Los Angeles rhymesayer’s taken his sweet time getting back to The DJBooth with a follow-up. Today, he finally returns from his TRAVELs toting a freshly-minted lead mixtape single—one which I think y’all will agree was worth the 11-month wait. Here, Spencer Stevens’ creeping bassline and spacey, delayed keys set the stage for confident verses jam-packed with wordplay and braggadocious punchlines. A nostalgia-inducing sample from Super Mario World caps off the cut. Dope as this record undoubtedly is, Duckwrth assures us that it’s only the beginning of what’s in store: “You think it’s Hiroshima? I ain’t even lit the flame.” For TRAVEL and much more, check out new mixtape Tax Free Vol. 1 when it drops digitally this Friday, February 14.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.