Though Duckwrth‘s last feature, March 2013’s MultiDimensional, won positive reviews on our pages, the Los Angeles rhymesayer’s taken his sweet time getting back to The DJBooth with a follow-up. Today, he finally returns from his TRAVELs toting a freshly-minted lead mixtape single—one which I think y’all will agree was worth the 11-month wait. Here, Spencer Stevens’ creeping bassline and spacey, delayed keys set the stage for confident verses jam-packed with wordplay and braggadocious punchlines. A nostalgia-inducing sample from Super Mario World caps off the cut. Dope as this record undoubtedly is, Duckwrth assures us that it’s only the beginning of what’s in store: “You think it’s Hiroshima? I ain’t even lit the flame.” For TRAVEL and much more, check out new mixtape Tax Free Vol. 1 when it drops digitally this Friday, February 14.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.