Though Duckwrth‘s last feature, March 2013’s MultiDimensional, won positive reviews on our pages, the Los Angeles rhymesayer’s taken his sweet time getting back to The DJBooth with a follow-up. Today, he finally returns from his TRAVELs toting a freshly-minted lead mixtape single—one which I think y’all will agree was worth the 11-month wait. Here, Spencer Stevens’ creeping bassline and spacey, delayed keys set the stage for confident verses jam-packed with wordplay and braggadocious punchlines. A nostalgia-inducing sample from Super Mario World caps off the cut. Dope as this record undoubtedly is, Duckwrth assures us that it’s only the beginning of what’s in store: “You think it’s Hiroshima? I ain’t even lit the flame.” For TRAVEL and much more, check out new mixtape Tax Free Vol. 1 when it drops digitally this Friday, February 14.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)