Though Duckwrth‘s last feature, March 2013’s MultiDimensional, won positive reviews on our pages, the Los Angeles rhymesayer’s taken his sweet time getting back to The DJBooth with a follow-up. Today, he finally returns from his TRAVELs toting a freshly-minted lead mixtape single—one which I think y’all will agree was worth the 11-month wait. Here, Spencer Stevens’ creeping bassline and spacey, delayed keys set the stage for confident verses jam-packed with wordplay and braggadocious punchlines. A nostalgia-inducing sample from Super Mario World caps off the cut. Dope as this record undoubtedly is, Duckwrth assures us that it’s only the beginning of what’s in store: “You think it’s Hiroshima? I ain’t even lit the flame.” For TRAVEL and much more, check out new mixtape Tax Free Vol. 1 when it drops digitally this Friday, February 14.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.