Like so many other talented spitters, Duckwrth is motivated to rhyme not solely for the love of the game, but also by a profound dissatisfaction with what his contemporaries have to offer. In fact, new single Shaolinin’ is essentially a gauntlet thrown at the feet of rap’s reigning heavyweights. After an interview snippet in which the artist trashes the materialistic, gimmicky nature of today’s scene and emphasizes the need for a return to “true hip-hop,” he proceeds to draw up a musical blueprint for the hip-hop Rennaissance, lacing some Wu-Tang-esque sample work by HNRL artist/producer 1-O.A.K. with tightly-wound, battle-ready braggadocio. On the back, Queens D.light grabs the mic to deliver a complex, lyrically-aggressive guest verse. Now that you’ve experienced Duck’s vision for the future of rap, are you ready to join his movement? If so, you can here more pure and uncut bangers on the artist’s DUCKTAPE, released August 16 and available for free download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)