Like so many other talented spitters, Duckwrth is motivated to rhyme not solely for the love of the game, but also by a profound dissatisfaction with what his contemporaries have to offer. In fact, new single Shaolinin’ is essentially a gauntlet thrown at the feet of rap’s reigning heavyweights. After an interview snippet in which the artist trashes the materialistic, gimmicky nature of today’s scene and emphasizes the need for a return to “true hip-hop,” he proceeds to draw up a musical blueprint for the hip-hop Rennaissance, lacing some Wu-Tang-esque sample work by HNRL artist/producer 1-O.A.K. with tightly-wound, battle-ready braggadocio. On the back, Queens D.light grabs the mic to deliver a complex, lyrically-aggressive guest verse. Now that you’ve experienced Duck’s vision for the future of rap, are you ready to join his movement? If so, you can here more pure and uncut bangers on the artist’s DUCKTAPE, released August 16 and available for free download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.