Like so many other talented spitters, Duckwrth is motivated to rhyme not solely for the love of the game, but also by a profound dissatisfaction with what his contemporaries have to offer. In fact, new single Shaolinin’ is essentially a gauntlet thrown at the feet of rap’s reigning heavyweights. After an interview snippet in which the artist trashes the materialistic, gimmicky nature of today’s scene and emphasizes the need for a return to “true hip-hop,” he proceeds to draw up a musical blueprint for the hip-hop Rennaissance, lacing some Wu-Tang-esque sample work by HNRL artist/producer 1-O.A.K. with tightly-wound, battle-ready braggadocio. On the back, Queens D.light grabs the mic to deliver a complex, lyrically-aggressive guest verse. Now that you’ve experienced Duck’s vision for the future of rap, are you ready to join his movement? If so, you can here more pure and uncut bangers on the artist’s DUCKTAPE, released August 16 and available for free download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.