Like so many other talented spitters, Duckwrth is motivated to rhyme not solely for the love of the game, but also by a profound dissatisfaction with what his contemporaries have to offer. In fact, new single Shaolinin’ is essentially a gauntlet thrown at the feet of rap’s reigning heavyweights. After an interview snippet in which the artist trashes the materialistic, gimmicky nature of today’s scene and emphasizes the need for a return to “true hip-hop,” he proceeds to draw up a musical blueprint for the hip-hop Rennaissance, lacing some Wu-Tang-esque sample work by HNRL artist/producer 1-O.A.K. with tightly-wound, battle-ready braggadocio. On the back, Queens D.light grabs the mic to deliver a complex, lyrically-aggressive guest verse. Now that you’ve experienced Duck’s vision for the future of rap, are you ready to join his movement? If so, you can here more pure and uncut bangers on the artist’s DUCKTAPE, released August 16 and available for free download via Bandcamp.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!