A Red Dot can mean quite a few different things – on a pizza it means pepperoni, on a price tag it means big savings, and when it’s on you, well, you’re in trouble. On this newly-leaked mixtape track, first-time featuree Dub joins forces with a familiar face and a fellow Booth newcomer to let listeners know just how prepared he is to pull the trigger on anyone who gets in his way. I Used to Get It in Ohio producer AraabMUZIK keeps his boardwork on the minimal side, pairing cymbal-driven percussion with a simple music-box melody as the Harlemite rapper, California native Hash, and the perennially underrated Cory Gunz deliver their aggressive, hard-nosed verses. Dub and his collaborators are right on target as far as rhymes are concerned, but do the strictly-street subject matter and stark sound add up to a bangin’ whole? I’ll leave it to you, the readers, to decide. If you like what you’re hearing, you can find more on Dub’s forthcoming FMM2 - Family, Money, Music 2 street album, set to hit the ‘net sometime in late November.
Written by richard on 10/26/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.