In recent years folks have really taken notice of the hot bed of talent that is focused in the DMV. The spectrum from Wale to Oddisee has proved that the DMV sound has something for everyone. DTMD (Dunc & Toine) has emerged to fit their sound into the scene nicely. With their debut project, Makin Dollas, available on iTunes today with the official album due out September 27, the duo deliver up their title track laced in a solid beat provided by Dunc, covered by witty and sharp wordplay from Toine. On an album that features Kev Brown, Oddisee, yU, and Quartermaine, this record is a mission statement: I really dig the one emcee / one producer formula, and Dunc and Toine’s musical chemistry shines whether they’re makin music or makin dollas (or, hopefully, both).
Written by ThroatChopU on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep On" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)