In recent years folks have really taken notice of the hot bed of talent that is focused in the DMV. The spectrum from Wale to Oddisee has proved that the DMV sound has something for everyone. DTMD (Dunc & Toine) has emerged to fit their sound into the scene nicely. With their debut project, Makin Dollas, available on iTunes today with the official album due out September 27, the duo deliver up their title track laced in a solid beat provided by Dunc, covered by witty and sharp wordplay from Toine. On an album that features Kev Brown, Oddisee, yU, and Quartermaine, this record is a mission statement: I really dig the one emcee / one producer formula, and Dunc and Toine’s musical chemistry shines whether they’re makin music or makin dollas (or, hopefully, both).
Written by ThroatChopU on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep On" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.