In recent years folks have really taken notice of the hot bed of talent that is focused in the DMV. The spectrum from Wale to Oddisee has proved that the DMV sound has something for everyone. DTMD (Dunc & Toine) has emerged to fit their sound into the scene nicely. With their debut project, Makin Dollas, available on iTunes today with the official album due out September 27, the duo deliver up their title track laced in a solid beat provided by Dunc, covered by witty and sharp wordplay from Toine. On an album that features Kev Brown, Oddisee, yU, and Quartermaine, this record is a mission statement: I really dig the one emcee / one producer formula, and Dunc and Toine’s musical chemistry shines whether they’re makin music or makin dollas (or, hopefully, both).
Written by ThroatChopU on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep On" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.