In recent years folks have really taken notice of the hot bed of talent that is focused in the DMV. The spectrum from Wale to Oddisee has proved that the DMV sound has something for everyone. DTMD (Dunc & Toine) has emerged to fit their sound into the scene nicely. With their debut project, Makin Dollas, available on iTunes today with the official album due out September 27, the duo deliver up their title track laced in a solid beat provided by Dunc, covered by witty and sharp wordplay from Toine. On an album that features Kev Brown, Oddisee, yU, and Quartermaine, this record is a mission statement: I really dig the one emcee / one producer formula, and Dunc and Toine’s musical chemistry shines whether they’re makin music or makin dollas (or, hopefully, both).
Written by ThroatChopU on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep On" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.