In recent years folks have really taken notice of the hot bed of talent that is focused in the DMV. The spectrum from Wale to Oddisee has proved that the DMV sound has something for everyone. DTMD (Dunc & Toine) has emerged to fit their sound into the scene nicely. With their debut project, Makin Dollas, available on iTunes today with the official album due out September 27, the duo deliver up their title track laced in a solid beat provided by Dunc, covered by witty and sharp wordplay from Toine. On an album that features Kev Brown, Oddisee, yU, and Quartermaine, this record is a mission statement: I really dig the one emcee / one producer formula, and Dunc and Toine’s musical chemistry shines whether they’re makin music or makin dollas (or, hopefully, both).
Written by ThroatChopU on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep On" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.