The 25-year-old son of Bay Area hip-hop legend E-40, up-and-coming rapper/producer Droop-E was previously featured on our pages as a guest contributor to his father’s Catch a Fade. Today, he makes his first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with Until the World End, a freshly-minted single off his next solo street release. On this reflective jam, Droop’s own pensive, sampled boardwork sets the mood as he juxtaposes the worldwide devastation wrought by, “global warming, tsunamis [and] natural disasters” with the everyday struggles of an inner-city youth who’s “got million-dollar ideals, but zero resources.” Ben Griffin directs the official visuals, illustrating the cut’s lyrical themes with footage pulled from Russia Today, and singer R.O.D. assists on the hook. For this low-key banger and many more fresh cuts, check out Droop-E’s Hungry & Humble EP when it hits iTunes this Tuesday, July 16.
Written by richard on 07/14/13
Sick Wid It Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Catch a Fade" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.