The 25-year-old son of Bay Area hip-hop legend E-40, up-and-coming rapper/producer Droop-E was previously featured on our pages as a guest contributor to his father’s Catch a Fade. Today, he makes his first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with Until the World End, a freshly-minted single off his next solo street release. On this reflective jam, Droop’s own pensive, sampled boardwork sets the mood as he juxtaposes the worldwide devastation wrought by, “global warming, tsunamis [and] natural disasters” with the everyday struggles of an inner-city youth who’s “got million-dollar ideals, but zero resources.” Ben Griffin directs the official visuals, illustrating the cut’s lyrical themes with footage pulled from Russia Today, and singer R.O.D. assists on the hook. For this low-key banger and many more fresh cuts, check out Droop-E’s Hungry & Humble EP when it hits iTunes this Tuesday, July 16.
Written by richard on 07/14/13
Sick Wid It Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Catch a Fade" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.