The 25-year-old son of Bay Area hip-hop legend E-40, up-and-coming rapper/producer Droop-E was previously featured on our pages as a guest contributor to his father’s Catch a Fade. Today, he makes his first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with Until the World End, a freshly-minted single off his next solo street release. On this reflective jam, Droop’s own pensive, sampled boardwork sets the mood as he juxtaposes the worldwide devastation wrought by, “global warming, tsunamis [and] natural disasters” with the everyday struggles of an inner-city youth who’s “got million-dollar ideals, but zero resources.” Ben Griffin directs the official visuals, illustrating the cut’s lyrical themes with footage pulled from Russia Today, and singer R.O.D. assists on the hook. For this low-key banger and many more fresh cuts, check out Droop-E’s Hungry & Humble EP when it hits iTunes this Tuesday, July 16.
Written by richard on 07/14/13
Submit your Rating
Sick Wid It Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Catch a Fade" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.