The 25-year-old son of Bay Area hip-hop legend E-40, up-and-coming rapper/producer Droop-E was previously featured on our pages as a guest contributor to his father’s Catch a Fade. Today, he makes his first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with Until the World End, a freshly-minted single off his next solo street release. On this reflective jam, Droop’s own pensive, sampled boardwork sets the mood as he juxtaposes the worldwide devastation wrought by, “global warming, tsunamis [and] natural disasters” with the everyday struggles of an inner-city youth who’s “got million-dollar ideals, but zero resources.” Ben Griffin directs the official visuals, illustrating the cut’s lyrical themes with footage pulled from Russia Today, and singer R.O.D. assists on the hook. For this low-key banger and many more fresh cuts, check out Droop-E’s Hungry & Humble EP when it hits iTunes this Tuesday, July 16.
Sick Wid It Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Catch a Fade" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.