After five reader-approved features from Drique London, you might think you’re an expert on the North Carolina repper. Well, think again. On his latest mixtape single, he reminds the listener just how much “You Don’t Know” about him. Reticent as the unsigned spitter may be in the face of a presumptuous public, a number of intriguing details can be gleaned from the fast-paced bars London delivers here. Over The Candidates’ hazy samples and hi-hat rolls, he spits about his frustration with being slept on, his use of music as a coping mechanism (“Writin’ the only way I know how to vent.”) and other topics that have been on his mind. For more insights into Drique’s psyche, cop his latest LP, Sounds of the Rising Sun, when it drops digitally this fall.
Written by richard on 07/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.