I dig the latest single from Driicky Graham, but I’m more than a little confused by the song’s title. Why would the NC native want to Kool Down when his career is just about to heat up? With an energy that is intoxicating and a style that is irresistible, the man behind Snapbacks & Tattoos attempts to score another hit, calling on Point Blank to craft a high-powered beat driven by a relentless synth and myriad funky studio effects. The beat’s sizzle is matched only by Driicky’s charisma, which shines through thanks to the emcee’s exuberant flow and clever wordplay. There is no word on whether Kool Down is part of something larger, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from the eOne signee.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.