I dig the latest single from Driicky Graham, but I’m more than a little confused by the song’s title. Why would the NC native want to Kool Down when his career is just about to heat up? With an energy that is intoxicating and a style that is irresistible, the man behind Snapbacks & Tattoos attempts to score another hit, calling on Point Blank to craft a high-powered beat driven by a relentless synth and myriad funky studio effects. The beat’s sizzle is matched only by Driicky’s charisma, which shines through thanks to the emcee’s exuberant flow and clever wordplay. There is no word on whether Kool Down is part of something larger, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from the eOne signee.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)