I dig the latest single from Driicky Graham, but I’m more than a little confused by the song’s title. Why would the NC native want to Kool Down when his career is just about to heat up? With an energy that is intoxicating and a style that is irresistible, the man behind Snapbacks & Tattoos attempts to score another hit, calling on Point Blank to craft a high-powered beat driven by a relentless synth and myriad funky studio effects. The beat’s sizzle is matched only by Driicky’s charisma, which shines through thanks to the emcee’s exuberant flow and clever wordplay. There is no word on whether Kool Down is part of something larger, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from the eOne signee.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/4/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.