I dig the latest single from Driicky Graham, but I’m more than a little confused by the song’s title. Why would the NC native want to Kool Down when his career is just about to heat up? With an energy that is intoxicating and a style that is irresistible, the man behind Snapbacks & Tattoos attempts to score another hit, calling on Point Blank to craft a high-powered beat driven by a relentless synth and myriad funky studio effects. The beat’s sizzle is matched only by Driicky’s charisma, which shines through thanks to the emcee’s exuberant flow and clever wordplay. There is no word on whether Kool Down is part of something larger, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from the eOne signee.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.