I dig the latest single from Driicky Graham, but I’m more than a little confused by the song’s title. Why would the NC native want to Kool Down when his career is just about to heat up? With an energy that is intoxicating and a style that is irresistible, the man behind Snapbacks & Tattoos attempts to score another hit, calling on Point Blank to craft a high-powered beat driven by a relentless synth and myriad funky studio effects. The beat’s sizzle is matched only by Driicky’s charisma, which shines through thanks to the emcee’s exuberant flow and clever wordplay. There is no word on whether Kool Down is part of something larger, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from the eOne signee.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.